I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find a vegan recipe, but Veggieful was one step ahead of me and had a recipe for a vegan 2 minute sticky date mug pudding. How good is that!
I ended up making some changes to the recipe in an attempt to make it a bit more healthy :)
This was a perfect way to end my cold and busy day. This incredibly fluffy and delicious dessert was so quick and simple. This will definitely be my future sugar fix.
Vegan Sticky Date Mug Pudding
- 6 pitted dried dates, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain-flavoured oil (I used sunflower)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 3 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons soy milk
- Combine the flax meal and water in a bowl, mix and leave in fridge to set for 15 minutes
- Add all ingredients to a bowl (including the set flax meal) and whisk vigorously until combined and air has been incorporated into the mixture. (Or preferably, use a processor)
- Pour the mixture into the mug and put into the microwave.
- Microwave the mixture on high heat for 1 minute 45 to 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Pour some maple syrup over the pudding.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!