Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Panda sushi

I found a DIY panda sushi making kit on eBay a few months ago and bought myself one because it was only $5 and shipping to Australia was free! How could I resist?


My little panda sushi kit arrived in the mail today and I put all other something-new-plans aside because I was so keen to make some cute edible pandas!

They were so simple to make. I bought some sushi rice (fatter grains than jasmine rice) and cooked it up according to the packet instructions. I used about 1 cup of uncooked rice and after it had cooked I added 1 1/2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar. 

I let the rice cool as I used the stencil cutter which was included in the kit to cut out the panda shapes in the nori seaweed paper. I used a pair of scissors to neaten up any of the cut-outs that had rough edges. 

These sushi pandas are quite small so I didn't put any filling in them. I cooked shiitake mushrooms with chilli oil and Sriracha sauce and had them on the side with some avocado. 

I absolutely love how cute the pandas turned out! They're so cute. Jump on eBay and get yourself one of these DIY kits. There's something so much more fun about eating cute food :)



They even have a tail!! (not sure if you can see it on the panda in the background)


No comments:

Post a Comment