Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Glow Run

I think I've become addicted fun runs. I don't know what it is, but there's something so great about legging out a few kilometers dressed in something cool alongside friends, and it doesn't hurt when we're doing it for a good cause too. 

My friends and I registered for the Glow Run which was held today. I was originally meant to do something similar called the Neon Run, but alas, it falls on the same night as the Beyonce concert so I had to give it a miss. 

Both the fun runs pretty much involve running a distance of 5km at night time wearing glow sticks, shirts that glow and anything else that glows or is neon and shows up under all the special lights that they use. Along the way are what I like to call 'party stations' where there is a DJ blasting some music for you to stop and dance and see yourself all lit up and glowing. 

It was a lot of fun and I particularly enjoyed seeing Riverside drive at night time. The only time I've ever seen it at night was while I have been driving, but to be able to take in the beautiful view while on foot was so great. Sometimes things that are already a lovely sight, is ten times better when it's lit up with lights. 



The Glow Run was the first 5km run my friend has ever done before. She did such a great job from start to finish and nothing makes me happier than being there to experience someone else's "something new" :)

Nights like tonight give off such happy vibes. We'll be doing more events like this, I'm sure. 























No comments:

Post a Comment