Thursday, September 5, 2013

Beetroot chips

I have wanted to buy a mandolin to slice my vegetables for quite some time now, but I have been hesitant to get one because I'm a bit scared of slicing my fingers off when I use it. Luckily for me, my mum came home with a new fancy Jamie Oliver kitchen set which came with a multipurpose slicer/grater. So it's win; I won't get my fingers chopped off, and I didn't have to spend money. 

I received some home grown beetroot the other day and decided to make beetroot chips. I'm not sure where I got the idea from, but I'm sure I've come across them during my many nights searching through vegan food blogs looking for recipes to try. 

These are so easy to make, and they tasted really nice. I served up my guilt-free chips with a nice tempeh hot dog. I'm always keen for a hot dog, and it tastes so much better with something on the side :)


Beetroot chips

Serves 1

Ingredients
  • 3 small beets, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt 
Directions
  1. Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat oven to 200C.
  2. Coat the sliced beets with the olive oil and place on baking tray. Sprinkle with sea salt.
  3. Turn the beetroot slices after 15 minutes and continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until they are crispy. 
  4. Take out tray out of the oven and leave to cool. They will become even more crispy as they cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment