Here are some original rules that I didn't know existed:
- If you land on a property and you don't want to buy it, then the banker can act as an auctioneer and auction it off. The bidding price can start as low as you want. I always thought that you just leave it if you didn't want to buy.
- Free parking really is just a free space. We always put the money from the chance/community chest and tax into the middle of the board and if you land on free parking then you get the money.
- After buying 3 properties of the same colour, you must space out your houses evenly between them. For instance, if you buy a house on The Strand and you land on it again, you can't put another house on The Strand. You have to put it on another red property.
- You can sell your get out of jail free cards if you don't want them.
- When you pay back a house which you have been mortgaged, you have to pay the price on the card as well as a 10% interest fee.
And in case you were wondering, Peter absolutely destroyed me in the game. He had so many five hunned dolla bills and a whole empire on the red properties. Bled me dry of all my money haha. It was so much fun playing though. I love spending time with that kid.