Saturday, October 12, 2013

Nexus Toy Fair

My little brother and I hit up an awesome event called the Nexus Toy Fair (they're also on facebook) out at the Leisurelife Centre in East Victoria Park. After all the fun I've had looking for vintage and rare collectors figurines and merchandise at various markets around Perth, I was keen to see what this fair had to offer. 

Well, the Nexus Toy Fair did not disappoint. There were so many awesome things for sale from the weird and wonderful to the rare and expensive. But don't get me wrong, there were bargains a plenty. Most of the sellers were willing to take of a bit of the sale price. Always a bonus. 

I love a bit of comic book hunting as well, and as of yet I have not been able to find any good vintage comics. Until today that is. There were so many people selling comics for dirt cheap prices starting from $1! I managed to get myself numbers #609-622 of the Batman Detective comics. It just blows my mind that they were all in order and only $1 each! 

Another highlight of the day was the table selling the Lego mini figures. I love Lego, and so it was awesome to see all the different Lego characters. They were pretty expensive so I didn't get any this time round, but I will slowly build a collection. 


Love the Hulk and Jaba the Hutt Lego!

Captain America <3
Although I enjoy finding a bargain and buying myself cool things, what I also really enjoyed about today was reminiscing about my childhood. Every now and then I'd see a toy that I hadn't seen since I was a wee little one and I would see something from a show that I haven't seen since I was young. It was nice to think back to when I was a kid...and funny to know that I haven't changed much since.












$120!!!
One. Hundred. and. Eighty. DOLLARS! wow.
All these 4 mugs for $8. I regret not buying them before someone else did.





I've been looking for the Gambit and Rogue set.
The A-Team. My brother wanted this but it was $75. Out of my budget. Sorry Peter!

No comments:

Post a Comment