Thursday, October 24, 2013

Vegan caramel popcorn

Whilst going about my food Googling adventures, I came across a slide show for 25 Healthy No-Salt Popcorn Toppings. There were so many yummy flavours to try, but the one that caught my eye was number 20/26 Caramel. The recipe involves simmering 1 1/2 teaspoons of coconut oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Pop your popcorn anyway you like (I used my popcorn maker) and drizzle that caramel goodness all over the popped goodness. I then sprinkled a wee bit of salt onto the popcorn too. Just a pinch :)

I put my bowl into the fridge for about 5 minutes to help the caramel harden up a bit more, but you can enjoy it any way you like. I really enjoyed this recipe and will be chowing down on more of this on future movie nights. 



No comments:

Post a Comment