Peach and plum popsicles
(from Ices: sorbets, granitas, lollies and more by Sunil Vijayakar)
- 500ml fresh peach puree (or canned)
- 500ml fresh plum puree (canned works too)
- 6 popsicle moulds with sticks
- Top make the peach puree, place 600g of freshly skinned, stoned and chopped peaches into a saucepan with 200ml water and sugar to taste. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 4-5minutes.
- Remove from heat, leave it to cool and process until smoother in food processor.
- Make the plum puree in the same way with halved and stoned plums.
- Carefully spoon a little of the peach puree into the base of 6 popsicle moulds and top with a little of the plum mixture. Continue layering until the moulds and full.
- Insert the stick into the centre and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- To serve, dip the moulds into hot water for a few seconds and remove the popsicles.