Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Mrs Carter Show

Today was one of the best experiences of my life so far! I went to The Mrs Carter Show and we got pretty close to the Queen!! She's so beautiful, so perfect, so amazing, so talented, so ghetto, so empowering, so sexy, so everything! What an amazing female artist. She is by far my favourite. 

I remember singing to Beyonce songs in the car with my friends during our final year of our undergraduate degree, and it was only earlier this year that my close friends and I decided that we were going to do everything it takes to see Beyonce if she ever did a concert in Perth (or Australia for that matter). By some crazy miracle, a few weeks after having this discussion, Queen B announced her Australia tour! The timing was impeccable!

We got the tickets in July and we have been counting down to this day since then. My friend Louise and her sister were amazing and volunteered to wait in line from 11am in the morning! You see, we were lucky enough to get gold standing tickets to Bey's second Perth show. We were so determined to get up close to the stage, and if that meant camping out in line, then so be it. Unfortunately I had work, so I couldn't line up early, but it worked out really well in the end anyways. 

When I arrived that evening, people were so nice and let me cut the line in order to join Louise and her sister. When the rest of our crew came, people didn't mind them cutting in either. I was not expecting that at all! I guess we were just lucky, because usually people hate it when you cut in line. Don't get me wrong, I felt really guilty for doing it, but we really wanted to all be together. 

When we eventually got into the Perth Arena, we managed to get about 4 metres away from the main stage! There was the stage, then about a metre gap where all the security staff stood, then a gate, then about 3 people, then me! Honestly, we were close enough to see all the details of her costume and makeup. 

Beyonce did not disappoint. She blew the roof off tonight! I can't even articulate how amazing she was. Not just her, but the whole show itself! The backup dancers, the musicians, the lighting, the video clips that played while she did her costume change, the special effects, just everything! I could not find a single fault in the performance tonight; not that I was looking for any. 

Everything about my Beyonce concert experience was so memorable. Now that I've got a taste for her amazing shows, I must see more! I just want to follow her around the world and be in the mosh pit for all her shows. 

I will see her live in concert again. I'll make sure of it. 


Just a few shots of the night. I wish everyone could have been there to see how amazing the show was. These pictures don't do it justice!



Queen Bey just casually flying through the sky :P






And of course we needed to get Beyonce shirts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment