Monday, November 11, 2013

Koorong and Chez Jean-Claude Patisserie

I have had one of those days where I've been able to count one blessing after the next. Not because anything good happened to me per se, but because my friends had some great things going on in their lives. I've been so lucky to have made friends with some truly amazing people. I don't even have any words to describe how nice it feels to be surrounded by people who value friendship and kindness. I am constantly reading about how we should let go of all the negative people who bring us down, and today has reinforced that into me so much more. 

When I'm surrounded by such beautiful people, putting in effort is easy and rewarding. Their happiness then kind of becomes linked to mine. And that's what my point is for today. Hearing good news from my friends makes me feel just as happy for them as I would feel if it was my good news. I like when that happens :)

Anyways, it was my good friend Cindy's birthday today and I finally got the chance to go and get her the gifts that I had planned to buy. My first stop was Koorong Christian bookstore. Although, it's so much more than just a bookstore. There's pretty much every Christian thing you could possibly think of: books, DVDs, CDs, Bibles, gifts, shirts, planners and even candy (yep, there were even mints in the shape of the Jesus fish symbol aka Ichthys). There was also a kids section and a cafe too. If that's not good enough, there was also free wi-fi. Yay! I checked my Facebook while I was waiting in line :P It was actually in line for quite some time because it was really busy today. I splurged a little bit and got myself a book and a mug. Spontaneous buys will be the death of me. 



My next stop was Chez Jean-Claude Patisserie in Subiaco. I did some Googling and found a lot of great reviews for this place. Cindz and I would always make trips down to Bakers Delight to get sweet treats back in undergrad, so I thought I might go out and get her some upper class goodies. 

The Subiaco store was very small and very busy. I applaude everyone who works in there. From what I could see, it was very hectic but they all kept their cool.There were so many delicious things to choose from, and I wanted to do some more spontaneous buying here too, but I tried my best not to stray from the task at hand. The bread looked amazing! I love bread! I will definitely come back, and I'm sure I'll be walking out of there with at least two bags full. 


I wish I could have taken photos of all the goodies inside, but they didn't allow photography.

1 comment:

  1. Rees! the goodies from our monday morning meeting come from Jean Claudes...its where everyone at TICHR goes to get anything patisserie related! its a short walk from my workplace so let me know when ur next there :)

    ReplyDelete