I have such a love of food that I am pretty much willing to try anything, and I so happen to like the taste of ginger in hot drinks. Mind you, this version of hot chocolate is no where near as delicious as mint hot chocolate, but it still warms up my insides which it's cold outside.
I added extra cocoa powder and also a bit of coconut cream to my recipe and let me tell you, this hot chocolate was like pure velvet. It was rich and creamy and totally delicious. Definitely give this a try is you're bold enough. But make sure there are no distractions around while you're enjoying this warm cup of goodness. Something this yummy should be enjoyed undisturbed.
Vegan ginger hot chocolate
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger (optional) Add this if you are super keen on that gingery taste
- 1-2 pieces crystallised ginger (candied ginger)
- 1/4 ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 ground cloves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (optional)
- Heat milk and water until steaming
- Add cocoa powder and ginger and whisk well until combined
- Add coconut cream, cinnamon and cloves and whisk.
- Pour into your favourite mug and add a few pieces of crystallised ginger.