Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Caffeine-free vegan gingerbread latte

The weather isn't getting any warmer so I decided to find another recipe for a warm vegan drink. 

I love getting cosy on the couch in my warmest clothes and sipping on a steaming hot cup of something delicious. 

I came across a recipe for a vegan gingerbread latte. I have never heard of a gingerbread latte and I like gingerbread men so I thought this would be a good new thing to do for today. 

The recipe is very simple, and if you're anything like me and have a huge spice collection then you should be all set to make this yummy drink. If you're big on cooking or think that cooking is going to be a new hobby of yours, then I highly recommend you to work on your herb and spice collection. Sometimes it's the addition of those extra flavours that make a recipe even more delicious. 

I made a caffeine-free gingerbread latte recipe, but if you'd like to add the coffee, then click onto any one of these links here and here for the recipe. 

Caffeine-free vegan gingerbread latte

Serves 2

Ingredients

  • 2 cups non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened soy milk)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon cloves
  • 1/16 teaspoon allspice
  • sweetener to taste

**Have a taste before the drink gets too hot and then add more of any of the spices if you like. I added a bit more ginger and cinnamon :)

Directions
  1. Place everything in a pot and whisk until ingredients are well combined and hot/warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment