Tonight I made white chocolate chai hot chocolate. I love anything chai!
I did things a tiny bit different from the original recipe and I added extra chai spices. When ever I make homemade chai lattes I'll use cinnamon, cloves, cardamon, ground ginger, white pepper, star anise and sometimes nutmeg. To simplify things, you can just use cinnamon, cloves and cardamon and you'll still get that wonderful chai flavour.
I must say, with all these hot chocolate recipes, I'm running out of pretty mugs to use for the photos! I think I'll start needing to ask my friends to lend me whatever fancy mugs they have in their cupboards.
Vegan Chai White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup soy milk (I used 1/2 unsweetened and 1/2 vanilla soy milk)
- 30-50g vegan white chocolate (depending on how sweet you want the drink)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/8 ground ginger (optional)
- 1/8 ground star anise (optional)
- 1/8 nutmeg
- 1/8 allspice
- Heat soy milk and stir in spices. Whisk until combined.
- Lower heat and add white chocolate. Stir until combined.
- Pour into mug and sip down that chocolatey chai goodness.