Sunday, February 24, 2013

White nectarine vegan ice cream

Since going vegan some of my new favourite recipes have been a result of trying odd flavour combinations. A few examples include ginger-roasted carrots with miso dressing and black glutinous rice, eggplant and tahini sauce, and the strangest of them all, peanut butter and tomato on toast. You all just pulled a face didn't you? Yeah that's what I did when I saw a nurse that I once worked with eating it for lunch. But trying new things can sometimes lead to new loves. 

Today I found some beautifully ripe white nectarines in my fridge and googled some vegan recipes on the net. I came across a recipe for vanilla, maple and nectarine vegan ice-cream which caught my eye because I've never had nectarine ice cream before. I'm glad I tried it because it was very refreshing and tasted even better served with mangoes from my back garden. 

A perfect summertime dessert. 



1 comment:

  1. *slaps self in face*
    I don't what makes me jaw drop more. The thought of nectarine icecream or the intriguing mix of ginger+carrots+miso

    You are a bundle of experiences :D

    ReplyDelete