Thursday, February 7, 2013

Surprises



When was the last time you did something nice for someone? Today I surprised my friend who took me to Sydney, with a flower arrangement. She once told me that a lot of the women in her workplace had flowers delivered to them and that it would be nice if that happened to her one day. So I planned for flowers to be delivered to her. Unfortunately when I arrived at her work place I found out that my friend had gone home sick, so I ended up bringing the flowers to her place. Not only did it make her happy, but it felt so nice to do something nice without any conditions. Pay attention to the little things that people say because sometimes you can use that to make their day :)


Another new thing that I tried today was check out a little cafe called Santi's. The decor is lovely, I paid a great price for a giant teapot of English breakfast, and best of all, they have a vegan lunch option! I will return to try it for sure. And, the place is also close to uni :)


The last thing I want to say about my day is that my dad and I were having a little D&M & he said to me "God helps you, together with your efforts". This really stuck in my head. What he was saying was that God guides us and points us in the right direction, but we need to be willing to go and do some proportion of the work. We won't get anywhere by just sitting around and waiting for the universe to work its magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment