Friday, February 22, 2013

The Vegan @ Santi's

Today I learnt that I can't just rely on planning to do one new thing each day. The original plan was to go to a Cinema by the Sea event held by the City of Stirling. They were showing the movie Toy Story at the Scarborough Beach amphitheatre. However, today's weather turned out to be shocking. Cold. Rainy. Windy. Not a good combination when you have two young girls under the age of 5. 

Luckily though, I had already done something else new that day, so it didn't matter that my original plans didn't work out. There was a time when I used to get upset when things didn't go to plan, but I remember one conversation with my dad changed that, when he told me that sometimes in life we need to be flexible or else our disappointments will get the better of us. I'm grateful for the lesson that I learnt from my dad and I've avoided a lot of unnecessary stress as a result of applying it to my everyday life.

So earlier today I had been to lunch with a friend at the cafe Santi's which I mentioned in a previous post. The last time I was there, I saw a dish on the menu called "The Vegan". Enough said. I knew I'd be back to try it and I made that day today. It was a large field mushroom stuffed with quinoa (keen-wah), pumpkin, capsicum, rocket, onion, herbs and sunflower seeds, laid on pureed pumpkin. I've never had anything like this and the combination of flavours was just right. To top this meal, I had a soy chai latte :) My absolute favourite.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment