Monday, February 11, 2013

UniMentor

For the past four years I haven't done much volunteer work for uni so I decided to change that when emails went around recruiting volunteers for a program called UniMentor. When you become a mentor, you are assigned freshers who you take around campus during orientation week answering questions and directing them to all the services that the university offers. The great thing about this program (or at least I think so anyways) is that you give out your email to the freshers so that they can ask you questions via email whenever they need some help figuring out uni life.

I was surprised to see so many people attend the training today, which is quite an encouraging thought. I even made some friends who I gave advice to about sitting the GAMSAT. The GAMSAT is the big scary 6 hour test which needs to be sat in order to apply for med. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that it's a horrible. Completely horrible. But don't get me wrong, nothing good comes easy so anyone who's thinking of sitting it, don't give up if you find it difficult. Keep going, you'll get there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment