I figured that a movie snack was definitely needed and so I decided to pull out my popcorn maker. I just had a look through my blog archives and found my old post for spiced popcorn. I can't believe that it was all the way back in February. Wow, time flies!
I didn't want to just settle for plain popcorn tonight so I Googled some recipes for chocolate popcorn. A lot of the recipes needed melted chocolate (which I didn't have in my pantry) and butter; but that didn't stop me though.
After being inspired by a vegan recipe for chocolate popcorn, I decided to put together my own recipe for chocolate and peanut butter popcorn. I like my chocolate bitter and my popcorn crunchy. This recipe definitely delivered.
Peter and I watched X-men Origins: Wolverine. I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie. Not sure if the popcorn had anything to do with that, but all in all I was not disappointed. I give it a 7/10.
Can't wait to watch The Wolverine!....maybe I can sneak a bag of my chocolate and peanut butter popcorn into the cinema.
Vegan Chocolate and Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (or more if you like it extra chocolaty. I used dutch-processed cocoa powder because the flavour is much more intense)
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- Pop the popcorn in a popcorn machine or place in a paper bag and pop in the microwave.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix in the cocoa powder, peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Pour chocolate mixture over popcorn and mix until evenly coated.
- Serve while it's still warm. Any left overs can be put in the fridge and devoured later :)