Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gordon St Garage, West Perth

If you don't already know, I love Instagram. I like posting up photos and I love seeing what other people (including random people) post up. 

Over the past couple of months I've seen a lot of photos of people's meals from a cafe called Gordon St Garage on Gordon Street in West Perth.

A friend and I were thinking about catching up and so we decided to check this place out to see what all the fuss was about.

Before going out, I always scope out the menu to see if there's something vegan friendly that I can eat. Luckily, Gordon St Garage had vegan meals on their lunch menu. I also had a look at their dinner menu too, which has some dishes I can eat too. I'll have to go back there again some time.

The place was a lot bigger than expected. The inside looks like a warehouse/garage and is very spacious with plenty of tables. When you walk through the entrance, there's a coffee counter and a nice cafe kind of area. Then you have the main area for seating which has plenty of tables, and then an upstairs area with couches. The place is open for breakfast until late, so I see why there are so many different areas to suit the different dining times and to create the right atmosphere depending on which meal of the day you're having. 

My friend ordered the smoked trout bagel with cream cheese and a side of artichoke salad, and I had the quinoa salad with coriander and smoked corn. I normally cook my quinoa so that it is soft, but the quinoa in the salad was black and crunchy. I'm not sure if they just used raw black quinoa or if they used black quinoa and cooked it in a pan to give it that crunch. Regardless, if was very fresh and tasty and left me feeling very satisfied. The corn was perfectly sweet and juicy and went well with the salad.They also do fresh juices here too! What more could you ask for?

Definitely pop in and have a bite. They've got what you need for your coffee and tea break, fresh juices, cakes and biscuits for your morning and afternoon tea, breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert too. You've got no reason not to go :)




Our meal :)


No comments:

Post a Comment