Sunday, April 21, 2013

Buddha Bar curry house

I will really jump on any excuse to eat like a pig. My nursing friends and I made plans to eat at the Buddha Bar curry house in Subiaco today to celebrate my birthday. So depending on which part of the world you live in, the price for the all you can eat Ala Carte menu may not actually sound like much of a bargain. It was $29 dollars for the all you can eat, which here in Perth Western Australia is pretty good; especially for the good quality of the food there. 

I have been to the Buddha Bar once before, but this was before I was vegan so I didn't try the vegetarian menu. For the entree (aka appetiser) I ordered besan battered fried vegetables and vegetarian spring rolls and for mains I ordered mixed veg curry, smoked eggplant curry, dahl and coconut rice. This was only what I ordered. I think everyone ordered at least two entrees for themselves and 3 dished from the mains menu, so there was lots of sharing around. I tried a lot of new items on the menu today. My recommendations are the coconut rice and the mix pakora (those deep fried veggies in besan flour batter and spices). Recommendations from my friends (who aren't vegan) were the butter chicken, any of the goat dishes, and the pistachio kulfi (Indian style ice cream)

The curries came served in cute little mini wok looking metal bowls. They had handles so it made it really easy to pass them around the table without too much fuss or mess. 

The restaurant itself had a really lovely set up with a few different sections all joined together. It was good in this way because it wasn't too loud.

I highly recommend this place to anyone who loves Indian, or for anyone who wants to try it for the first time. Go go go!





A very cool cluster of red fans right above our table


This was a giant Buddha opposite our table. It was seriously huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment