Thursday, April 11, 2013

Chocolate mousse popsicles #2

Today was an unexpectedly eventful and busy day. I looked at the clock at 2pm and realised that I had nothing planned for my 'something new'. I panicked a little bit because I knew that I had work later and so I would lose a few precious hours of the evening. 

Luckily for me, I found two recipes for chocolate mousse popsicles last month which I wanted to make and compare. The first batch I made was using a recipe from the website Whipped. It included avocado which gives the chocolate mousse that lovely creamy texture. I found the other recipe from the website Healthy in Candy Land (if that link doesn't work, try this one here).

The popsicles turned out nice, but they weren't as creamy as the avocado ones. I'm actually quite torn between which recipe I like better; but if I had to choose then I would go for the avocado recipe. 

BUT I'm going to experiment with my own chocolate mousse recipe, because I think a recipe including the best of both recipes (i.e. the creaminess of the avocado and the chocolaty goodness of the melted chocolate) would make for a super delicious chocolate mousse popsicle. 

I'll keep you posted. Til then, try the recipes and decide for yourself which you prefer :)

Vegan chocolate mousse popsicles

Ingredients (Serves 4)
  • 300g packet of silken tofu
  • 1 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk
Instructions
In a blender, blend tofu and milk
Heat chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute, stir, then heat one more minute and stir again until smooth.
Add melted chocolate to the tofu mixture and blend again until combined and smooth.
(To make mousse, at this point you would just chill in refrigerator and serve.)
For frozen pops, transfer to popsicle molds and freeze overnight or several hours until firm.

I didn't really have the time to take a nice picture either so my wonderful brother let me take this one :) Love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment